We prioritise mobility concepts and strive to offer our talent as much flexibility as possible. We provide a hybrid working model within Germany, plus the option to work from abroad for up to 30 days per year. However, we would love to meet you in the office at least once to four times per month.
- You perform routine programming assignments that require understanding and application of best practice programming procedures
- You help to deliver and improve all areas of the team’s work e.g. coding style, logging best practice, peer code reviews, automated test coverage, etc.
- You identify and escalate areas of risk, hazards and uncertainty that are encountered to promote knowledge share across all engineers
- Actively contribute to the recruitment and succession planning for employees within engineering
- You are proactive in sharing learnings and continuous improvement initiatives across all engineering teams
- You participate in team refinement sessions and contribute to agile approach and practices
- Advocate a healthy review culture and provide opportunities for engineers to learn from each other and work toward more effective and creative solutions, supported by regular audits and tooling
- As a technical leader you are comfortable with developing code using established patterns and examples within platform components, services and APIs, monitoring systems and developing low-level detailed technical design documents to meet business requirements
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 6+ years experience as a software engineer with excellent core development skills in Java/Python/PHP
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL databases e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS Lambda, Elasticsearch, EC2, S3, SQS
- You have experienced unit and Integration testing with a strong knowledge of TDD and understanding of common web application patterns
- You are a natural leader with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority with technical leadership, including mentoring and coaching other team members.
- You have strong experience of the Agile software development lifecycle and DevOps delivery, including source control management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment and automated testing
- You have strong decision making and problem solving skills through collaboration and strong analytical ability, who puts the needs of customers first
- Effective communication skills in English. Ability and eagerness to understand the business context where the team operates and the customer problems being solved
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS YOU’LL LOVE
GET IN TOUCH